(seafood.vasep.com.vn) In order to contribute to raising awareness of seafood processing enterprises, fishing vessel owners and the fishing community about the importance and principles of not using child labor, prevention of illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing (IUU), towards building sustainable fisheries, VASEP has cooperated with the Directorate of Fisheries (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development) and International Labor Organization in Vietnam (ILO Vietnam) carrying out many propaganda activities.
To raise awareness not only for the business community members, but also farmers and fishermen, from February 20, 2020, VASEP has collaborated with the Directorate of Fisheries and the ILO to produce two clips to propagate about:
(1) Child labor regulations and requirements in the fishing sector
(2) Rules for boat owners and fishermen to keep in mind before going to sea and landing.
These two clips have been broadcast and posted on the airwaves of 13 television stations nationwide and 11 websites of agencies and organizations.
Besides, VASEP also coordinated with the Directorate of Fisheries, ILO and VCCI to issue leaflets on:
- Regulations and content of fishing vessel owners and fishermen should pay attention to minor employees in fishing activity.
- IUU requirements that fishing vessel owners and fishermen should remember to comply with.
- The main responsibilities of the enterprise when employing employees under the age of 18 in accordance with Vietnamese law.
These leaflets were sent by VASEP to ministries, 28 Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development, 28 Sub-Departments of Fisheries, Management Boards of 84 key fishing ports in 28 coastal provinces and to seafood enterprises. ...
Futhermore, VASEP organized 2 training courses on child labor regulations and guidance on IUU in seafood supply chains in Nha Trang and Kien Giang.