(seafood.vasep.com.vn) To help shrimp exporters and importers grasp the whole picture of Vietnam's shrimp production and exports and its position in the world shrimp industry picture over the past 6 years along with a forecast to 2025, VASEP releases its Industry Report. shrimp 2016-2021 and forecast to 2025.
In recent years, shrimp has increasingly accounted for a larger proportion of Vietnam's total seafood export turnover. In 2020, shrimp accounted for 44% of seafood exports with over 3.7 billion USD. In 2021, by the end of October 31, shrimp exports accounted for 45% with 3.2 billion USD.
Whiteleg shrimp is growing strongly and accounts for a large proportion of Vietnam's total shrimp exports. Meanwhile, the export turnover of black tiger shrimp continuously decreased, decreasing from 32.6% to 15.4%.
The top 5 largest markets for Vietnamese shrimp include the US, Japan, EU, China, and South Korea, accounting for 80-85% of Vietnam's shrimp export value.
In the picture of the world's seafood imports, shrimp also accounts for the highest proportion in value with 14% and has a growth rate of 21% after 5 years. The world shrimp import value ranges from 22-28 billion USD/year.
The demand for shrimp in the world market is increasingly strong, creating attraction for not only Vietnamese exporters but also enterprises in many other countries. Therefore, along with an optimistic signal about demand, competitive pressure is also increasing.
Regarding shrimp exports, according to 2020 data, Vietnam ranks third, accounting for 13.6% of the market share, after India (15.7%) and Ecuador (14%).
Before 2015, Vietnam used to be the world's largest shrimp exporter, but the acceleration of India since 2015 and the breakthrough of Ecuador since 2018 have caused Vietnam's shrimp exports to face strong competition and fall. down to 3rd place.
To help shrimp exporters and importers grasp the whole picture of Vietnam's shrimp production and exports and its position in the world shrimp industry picture over the past 6 years along with a forecast to 2025, VASEP releases Report on Vietnam shrimp sector in 2016-2021, forecast to 2025.
The report will consist of 6 main parts:
(1) Shrimp production (output by species of black tiger shrimp, vannamei shrimp, price movements);
(2) Shrimp exports (by species of black tiger shrimp, vannamei shrimp, exports to main markets, trends, products, price movements, position of Vietnamese shrimp in the markets, Vietnamese shrimp exporters to markets, main shrimp import ports in markets and leading import partners...);
(3) Importing shrimp from other countries;
(4) Top shrimp exporters (according to turnover); Top companies exporting vannamei shrimp; Top companies exporting black tiger shrimp.
(5) Export of shrimp by localit and species (whiteleg shrimp, black tiger shrimp, other shrimp)
(6) Forecast of shrimp production and export to 2025 (by product, market);
VASEP cordially invites interested businesses and readers to register for the Report on Vietnam's shrimp sector in 2016-2021, forecast to 2025.
Please contact: Ms. Nguyen Trang
Tel: 0965097642; Email: email@example.com
Content and lists of figures and tables of the Report.